Who is a Good Candidate for the Breast Lift Procedure?
If considering the breast lift procedure, you will make a good candidate if you:
- have realistic expectations about what the breast lift procedure, and fully understand that the breast liftprocedure will not necessarily change your looks to match your ideal
- are in good health, emotionally stable, and do not have any pre-existing medical conditions
- feel your breasts are too saggy, and feel self-conscious wearing clothes and/or swimsuits
- have nipples that are pointing downward
- have breasts that have lost their shape and firmness due to breast-feeding or weight loss
- are aging
- are not pregnant, breastfeeding or have an infection
Initial Consultation for Breast Lift
A personal consultation in our exclusive Dallas office is the very first step to take if you are considering the breast lift procedure.
During the consultation at Park Cities Plastic Surgery, Dr. David Liland will assess your physical and emotional health, discuss expectations regarding the breast lift procedure, and examine the breasts.
You will also be able to discuss the desired size and shape of the breasts, the placement of the nipples, the incisions, and the risks involved with the breast lift procedure.
In our Dallas office, Dr. David Liland will show several pre and post-op pictures of the breast lift procedure.
Breast Lift Surgery: The Procedure
The breast lift procedure is performed at Park Cities Plastic Surgery (outpatient facility). Dr. David Liland’s office is conveniently located on Oaklawn Avenue near downtown Dallas. Fully equipped with an AAAASF certified operating room, it stands out to be one of the most private and select plastic surgery offices in the Dallas area.
The most common method of breast lift involves making an incision in the area of skin to be removed and making an incision for the new position of the nipple. After Dr. Liland has removed the excess breast tissue, the nipple and areola are lifted. The scar of the breast lift looks like an anchor.
General anesthesia is used to perform a breast lift. A Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist administers the anesthesia.
After Breast Lift Surgery
You will probably feel tired and sore for several days after the breast lift procedure. However, within one or two days you should be up and around.
When the breast lift procedure is complete, the breasts will be higher and firmer with temporary stitches around the aereola, below the aereola, and in the base of the breasts.
The breasts may remain swollen and sensitive for one month or longer. After a few months the breasts will begin to settle into a more natural shape
The scars are permanent and may appear worse after a few months, but will fade with time.
Pre & Post-Op Tips for Breast Lift Surgery
- Do no take any medication that contains aspirin, vitamin E, weight loss medication, or Chinese herbs for two weeks prior to the procedure. A complete drug list will be provided on your pre-op appointment date.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your surgery. You CAN NOT take a taxi home. You must also arrange for an adult to stay with you for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Do not smoke for at least two weeks prior to the surgery.
- After the first dressing change, wear your sports bra continuously day and night to support the breast.
- Driving is permitted after a few days, only if you are not taking pain medication.
- Avoid heavy lifting, exercise, and excessive movement of your arms for two weeks.
- You may resume all normal activities after three weeks of the procedure.
Specific recommendations will be suggested when you arrive at Park Cities Plastic Surgery in Dallas.