Thigh Lift Surgery Can Reveal a Slimmer, More Attractive Appearance
What is Thigh Lift?
A thigh lift or leg lift is a cosmetic procedure designed to improve the shape of the inner thigh. It consists of a lift in which the excess skin is removed from the inside of the leg. The scar is then hidden in the inner thigh fold, between the pubic area and the thigh. The result is a smoother, tighter looking inner thigh.
In many cases, patients have experienced a large weight loss, resulting in a saggy appearance to the skin. A thigh liftcan help achieve a more smoother and firmer look. A surgical thigh lift removes skin that has lost its elasticity, improving the overall appearance of the thigh area, although focusing specifically on the inner thigh.
Who Is a Good Candidate For Thigh Lift?
If considering a thigh lift, you will make a good candidate if you:
- have realistic expectations regarding the thigh lift, and you fully understand that the thigh lift will not necessarily change your looks to match your ideal
- are in good health, emotionally stable, and do not have any pre-existing medical conditions
- feel the inner thighs are too saggy, and feel self-conscious wearing shorts and/or swimsuits
- have lost a significant amount of weight due to a bariatric surgery or traditional weight loss methods such as diet and/or exercise
Initial Consultation for Thigh Lift
A personal consultation at Park Cities Plastic Surgery is the very first step if considering the thigh lift procedure.
During the consultation at Park Cities Plastic Surgery, Dr. David Liland will assess physical and emotional health, discuss expectations regarding the thigh lift procedure, and examine the skin for firmness and elasticity.
You will be able to discuss the areas you would like to see improvement, the incisions, and the risks involved with the thigh lift procedure.
At Park Cities Plastic Surgery, Dr. David Liland will show several pre and post op pictures of the thigh lift procedure.
Thigh Lift: The Procedure
The thigh lift procedure is performed as an outpatient procedure (no overnight stay required) at Park Cities Plastic Surgery Center. Dr. David Liland’s office is conveniently located on Oaklawn Avenue near downtown Dallas. Fully equipped with an AAAASF certified operating room, it stands out to be one of the most private and select plastic surgery offices in the Dallas area.
The incision used to perform the thigh lift is placed in the groin area beneath the bikini line. A crescent of skin is removed from the groin, then the tissues below the incision are loosened and the “thigh lift” takes place as the skin is pulled up and the incision sutured shut.
General anesthesia is used to perform the thigh lift. A Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist administers the anesthesia.
After Thigh Lift
You will probably feel tired and sore for several days after the thigh lift procedure. However within one or two days you should be up and around. Avoid bending and heavy lifting. Do not place unnecessary pressure on the stitches.
Most patients are able able to return to work in a couple of weeks and exercise more rigorously in about four to six weeks.
After the thigh lift procedure you can expect an immediate improvement in the contour of the thighs, and this will continue to improve as the swelling subsides over the next several months. The sagging, hanging folds of skin will have disappeared and the thighs will appear tighter and possibly smoother. However, the final contour and appearance will not be fully realized for several months after the procedure.
The scars are permanent and may appear worsen after a few months, but will fade with time.
Pre & Post-Op Tips for Thigh Lift
- Do no take any medication that contains aspirin, vitamin E, weight loss medication, or Chinese herbs for two weeks prior to the procedure. A complete drug list will be provided on your pre-op appointment date.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your procedure. You CAN NOT take a taxi home. You must also arrange for an adult to stay with you for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Do not smoke for at least two weeks prior to the procedure.
- After the first dressing change, wear the compression garment continuously day and night to support and position the skin.
- Driving is permitted after a few days, if not taking pain medications.
- You may resume all normal activities after three weeks of the procedure.
Specific recommendations will be suggested when you arrive at Park Cities Plastic Surgery in Dallas.