Correct Unsatisfying Results with Breast Implant Revision
Deciding to undergo cosmetic surgery is a significant investment, both financially and emotionally, and when the outcome does not meet your expectations, it can be especially disappointing. If you are unhappy with a previous breast augmentation or have experienced natural changes that have affected the appearance of your implants, breast implant revision may benefit you. Dr. David Liland can perform this procedure at his practice in Dallas, TX, to improve your appearance and confidence. Dr. Liland and his team at Park Cities Plastic Surgery are dedicated to helping you achieve the best possible results by providing leading surgical care.
Common Breast Implant Issues
There are a variety of issues that can lead to dissatisfying breast augmentation results, such as:
- Poor Surgical Methods
- Inexperienced or low-quality surgical care can lead to poor results that are not aligned with your goals or are not flattering to your figure.
- Capsular Contracture
- This condition occurs when the scar tissue that naturally develops around an implant begins to squeeze the implant, causing an undesirable change in the shape. In some cases, it may even become painful.
- A rupture can occur when an implant tears or develops a hole. Once a rupture has occurred, the solution may leak into other areas of the body. For patients with silicone implants, this can cause the breast to change in size and shape.
- Displacement of an Implant
- Breast implants may shift upward, downward, outward, or inward, affecting the proportions and overall aesthetics of your breasts.
- Changes with Aging
- Despite being happy with your original results, aging can cause the breast tissue to lose elasticity, making them to sag and lose shape. In many cases, patients choose to replace their implants after about 10 years to rejuvenate their appearance.
Additionally, many patients simply decide that they would like to change the size or type of implant. Regardless of the motivation for treatment, Dr. Liland can help you achieve your goals.
Creating Personalized Results
Breast implant revision is a highly personalized procedure that is focused on patient satisfaction. While Dr. Liland can clearly identify structural and functional issues affecting your implants, it is essential that you are straightforward about your concerns and desires so that you can work together to plan your treatment for the most flattering outcome.
As a board-certified plastic surgeon who has completed hundreds of breast surgeries, you can rest assured that Dr. Liland will provide you with the finest care.
Dr. Liland's top priority is helping you reestablish your confidence with high-quality results. As a board-certified plastic surgeon who has completed hundreds of breast surgeries, you can rest assured that Dr. Liland will provide you with the finest care.
Is Revision Covered by Insurance?
In some cases, insurance may cover your procedure if it is deemed medically necessary. You are more likely to receive coverage if you need removal due to:
However, each provider has different coverage guidelines that will impact if and how your treatment is covered.
Reducing Your Financial Burden
We understand that it can be frustrating and even a financial burden to undergo a second breast implant procedure. As such, we offer several financing options from third-party lenders, including:
- Alphaeon® Credit
- Prosper® Healthcare Lending
If insurance does not cover your procedure, the payment plans offered through these companies can help you receive treatment in a timely fashion.
Move Forward Confidently
The emotional, financial, and physical impact of failed or poorly executed breast implants can take a substantial toll on your quality of life. Dr. Liland and our team are passionate about helping you overcome this hurdle with a positive experience and exceptional results. Schedule your consultation by contacting us online or calling us at (214) 692-6500 today.