Who is a Good Candidate for a Brow Lift?
If considering thebrow lift procedure, you will make a good candidate if you:
- have realistic expectations about thebrow liftprocedure
- are in good health, emotionally stable, and do not have any pre-existing medical conditions
- have sagging or low position of the eyebrows
- have deep horizontal creases on the forehead
- have frown lines
- 18 years old or older, and fully understand thebrow liftprocedure
Initial Consultation for aBrow Lift
A personal consultation in our exclusive Dallas office is the very first step to take if you are considering thebrow liftprocedure.
During the consultation at Park Cities Plastic Surgery, Dr. David Liland will assess physical and emotional health, discuss expectations regarding thebrow lift,examine the bone structure, the underlying tissues of the face, skin elasticity, tone, and the muscle activity of the entire forehead.
You will be able to discuss the brow lift procedure, the incisions, and the risks involved with the procedure.
Dr. David Liland will show several pre and post-op pictures of thebrow liftprocedure.
Brow Lift Surgery: The Procedure
Thebrow liftprocedure is performed at Park Cities Plastic Surgery (outpatient facility). Dr. David Liland’s office is conveniently located on Oaklawn Avenue near downtown Dallas. Fully equipped with an AAAASF certified operating room, it stands out to be one of the most private and select plastic surgery offices in the Dallas area.
There are several variations to thebrow liftprocedure. Dr. Liland will recommend the technique that he feels will obtain the best results for you.
General anesthesia is used to perform abrow lift. A Board Certified Anesthesiologist administers the anesthesia.
After Brow Lift Surgery
You may find that a headband has been placed around the forehead and scalp to minimize swelling. Discomfort is usually minimal and can be controlled with pain medication.
Within a week the stitches or clips will be removed, most of the bruising will disappear, and the swelling will continue to subside. Within three weeks, numbness and itching will start to diminish as the nerves continue to heal.
Pre & Post-Op Tips forBrow Lift Surgery
- Do no take any medication that contains aspirin, vitamin E, weight loss medication, or Chinese herbs for two weeks prior to the procedure. A complete drug list will be provided on the pre-op appointment date.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your surgery. You CAN NOT take a taxi home. You must also arrange for an adult to stay with you for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Do not smoke for at least four weeks prior to the surgery.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and consider using sun block.
- Keep head elevated on several pillows to minimize swelling
- Driving is permitted after a few days, if not taking pain medications.
Specific recommendations will be suggested when you arrive at Park Cities Plastic Surgery in Dallas.