Trim Excess, Sagging Skin with Neck Lift Surgery
What is a Neck Lift?
A neck lift is a set of procedures to enhance the appearance of your neck. Procedures can include removing excess skin, removing or altering neck muscles, liposuction to remove excess fat, and Botox injection to address problems with fullness or “bands.”
Who Is a Good Candidate for a Neck Lift?
If you are considering aneck lift, you will make a good candidate if you:
- have realistic expectations about what theneck lift procedure can do for you
- are in good health, emotionally stable, and do not have any pre-existing medical conditions
- you are not obese, and must have maintained a stable weight for several months
- are 18-years-old, or older, and fully understand theneck lift procedure
Initial Consultation for a Neck Lift
A personal consultation at Park Cities Plastic Surgery is the very first step if you are considering theneck liftprocedure.
During the consultation at Park Cities Plastic Surgery, Dr. David Liland will assess your physical and emotional health, discuss your expectations regarding theneck lift procedure, and the likely outcomes of the procedure.
You will also be able to ask questions, and discuss the available options and risks involved with theneck liftprocedure.
At Park Cities Plastic Surgery, Dr. David Liland will show you several pre and post-op photos of theneck liftprocedure.
Pre & Post-Op Tips for a Neck Lift
- Do not take any medication that contains aspirin, vitamin E, weight loss medication, or Chinese herbs for two weeks prior to the procedure. A complete drug list will be provided on your pre-op appointment date.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your surgery. You CAN NOT take a taxi home. You must arrange for an adult to stay with you for 24 hours after theneck liftprocedure.
- Do not smoke for at least four weeks prior to the surgery.
- Keep head elevated on several pillows to minimize swelling.
- Apply cold to decrease bruising and swelling for the first two days. (Try frozen peas.)
- Driving is permitted after a few days, if not taking pain medications.
- Avoid heavy lifting, straining, or bending over, for two weeks.
- You may resume all normal activities after four weeks of theneck liftprocedure.
Specific recommendations will be discussed when you arrive for your consultation at Park Cities Plastic Surgery in Dallas.