Reshape and Refine Your Nose with Advanced Rhinoplasty
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is commonly known as a “Nose Job”. Rhinoplasty is the surgery of the nose to either thin, turn up, augment, shorten, elongate, or otherwise bring balance to the face through its alteration. Rhinoplasty can also refine and define the tip of the nose.
Rhinoplasty can reshape the size and look of the nose, the tip or the bridge, narrow the distance between the nostrils, or change the angle between the nose and the upper lip. The surgery of the nose, is one of the most common procedures.
Rhinoplasty can help boost confidence in one’s appearance and self-esteem, but it will not necessarily change your looks to match your ideal.
The surgery of the nose can usually be combined with a chin augmentation to bring more balance to the face.
Who Is a Good Candidate For Rhinoplasty / Surgery of the Nose?
If considering rhinoplasty / surgery of the nose, you will make a good candidate if you:
- have realistic expectations regarding the rhinoplasty / surgery of the nose procedure
- are in good health, emotionally stable, and do not have any pre-existing medical conditions
- feel the nose is not a good fit for the face, or is too large for the face
- have a bump or depression on the bridge
- have a crooked nose or it is off-center or too wide
- have a tip that droops
- have difficulties breathing
- are 18 year old or older, and fully understand the rhinoplasty / surgery of the nose procedure
Initial Consultation for Rhinoplasty / Surgery of the Nose
A personal consultation at Park Cities Plastic Surgery is the very first step if considering rhinoplasty / surgery of the nose.
During the consultation at Park Cities Plastic Surgery, Dr. David Liland will assess physical and emotional health,expectations regarding to the rhinoplasty / surgery of the nose procedure, and the likely outcomes.
You will be able to discuss the rhinoplasty / surgery of the nose procedure, available options, and the risks involved with the procedure.
At Park Cities Plastic Surgery, Dr. David Liland will show several pre and post op pictures of the rhinoplasty / surgery of the nose procedure.
Rhinoplasty / Surgery of the Nose: The Procedure
The rhinoplasty / surgery of the nose procedure is performed at Park Cities Plastic Surgery. Dr. David Liland’s office is conveniently located on Oaklawn Avenue near downtown Dallas. Fully equipped with an AAAASF certified operating room, it stands out to be one of the most private and select plastic surgery offices in the Dallas area.
Cosmetic surgery of the nose is a very tailored procedure. There are different techniques to perform a rhinoplasty. The approach used for your surgery depends not only on Dr. David Liland’s preferences, but also on your desired look.
The results of rhinoplasty / surgery of the nose enhances the balance between the nose and other facial features. A chin implant can help to improve the balance as well.
General anesthesia is used to perform a rhinoplasty / surgery of the nose. A Board Certified Anesthesiologist administers the anesthesia.
After Rhinoplasty / Surgery of the Nose
A splint or bandages may be applied to the bridge of the nose to protect the nose and to support it in place until the tissues have stabilized. The first day of the procedure sleep with the head elevated to minimize the swelling. One may also experience bruising and discomfort.
Within one week stitches and bandages will be removed, and the swelling will continue to subside. However you may continue to wear the splint.
Pre & Post-Op Tips for Rhinoplasty / Surgery of the Nose
- Do no take any medication that contains aspirin, vitamin E, weight loss medication, or Chinese herbs for two weeks prior to surgery. A complete drug list will be provided on your pre-op appointment date.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your surgery. You CAN NOT take a taxi home. You must also arrange for an adult to stay with you for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Do not smoke for at least four weeks prior to the surgery.
- Keep head elevated on several pillows to minimize swelling.
- Apply cold to decrease bruising and swelling for the first two days. (Try frozen peas.)
- Driving is permitted after a few days, if not taking pain medications.
- Avoid heavy lifting, straining, or bending over for two weeks.
- Normal activity may be resumes after four weeks of the procedure.
Specific recommendations will be suggested when you arrive at Park Cities Plastic Surgery in Dallas.